No Gym Required 🙂
The general outline is this:
- Bike/run 3 days per week
- Full body strength training 3 days per week
- Recovery day with easy yoga and maybe even some meditation
- Walking every day that is not a bike/run day
- 10 minute warmup – if running, just ease into a brisk walk. If biking, a pace you could sing or talk during 🙂
- Beginners – 3 intervals of 1:00 at a medium hard effort, then 1:00 rest between
- Intermediate – 4 intervals of 1:00 at hard effort, 1:00 rest between intervals
- 10 minutes easy return home, or if it’s nice, keep on going. On nice days I will easily be out for at least an hour. See what you can find in nature to take pictures of and share.
- Focus on your intervals when you’re doing them, but beyond that, focus on fun over speed. When I stop caring about how fast I’m walking a mile and start paying attention to birds, trees, my dogs, etc., my enjoyment factor goes way up.
- Warm up for 3-5 minutes doing jumping jacks, dancing to your favorite tunes, doing any PT types of exercises with bands that you know you should be doing (for me that is rotator cuff work), shoulder rolls, arm circles, back slaps, ballistic legs.
- 3 sets of 10 reps of the following with a 2 minute break between sets. Otherwise, keep it moving as you’re able!
- Plank 45 seconds
- Pullups/inverted rows/band rows
- Hanging leg raise/reverse crunch
- Lunges (10 each side)
- Tricep dips
- Leg lift/side crunch combo
Instructional video for the exercises
Recovery Day Sunday:
- Gentle Yoga
- Check out one of the free meditations Calm is offering at https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-deep-breath
- Enjoy a sauna or an Epsom salt bath
- Journal on gratitude
- Stream a church service
- Get to know a foam roller
- Family game night??
This program is being provided free of charge. However, if you would like to donate (suggested donation $10-$20), you may do so here: paypal.me/tranquilsolemassage – Thank you!!
Join the Facebook group for free support and daily updates! Team Estrogen